These last few weeks have, as always, been very busy! Sadly, several weeks ago, Kevin, who had been with us for just over 3 years decided to return to his family and even though was probably not in his best interests due to his family circumstances, he was determined to be reintegrated into a very precarious family situation in Sucre.
During May we received into El Camino two boys, Armando (15) and Brayan (14). Sadly neither of them stayed for more than a week, and Brayan left taking David with him, who had only been with us for two months!
Also, just this last week, Roselin left El Alfarero together with her baby Carla. Thankfully our staff found her in the city the same day and convinced her to allow us to look after her baby until she made a firm decision. As Roselin has not returned, little Carla has now been placed in another home for babies, and we are unaware of her situation at present.
Also Agustin left El Camino 3 days ago, but having been found by our street team, returned yesterday and will hopefully settle back in quickly!
As you can see life with Operation Restoration is always full of challenges, heart breaks and celebrations. Please be praying specifically for our staff team as they live through this emotional roller-coaster almost every day!
We need your help!
There are several ways in which you can help as we think about next year celebrating 25 years since the founding of Operation Restoration in 1991:
- We are looking for a new generation of trustees for Operation Restoration on both sides of the Atlantic, to take this vital work into the future and see it develop and grow. We need people who are called and have a passion to offer their time and talents on a voluntary basis to capture the vision and run with it for the next 25 years!
- We are looking for faithful intercessors that would be interested on receiving regular detailed news to be praying specifically for the current needs.
- We are looking for more child sponsors to provide for the basic daily needs of those in our care in the areas of food, accommodation, health, education, clothing, personal hygiene, etc. Check out our website link on top right of this page.
- We are looking for regular giving to help provide for our ever increasing costs, as we deal with inflation in double figures and salary increases averaging 8% each year for the last 5 years! (Our only salaried workers are our Bolivian workers)
- We are looking for legacy giving and corporate donations to build a foundation to secure the economic future of Operation Restoration long term.
If you would like any more information please write to us at: email@example.com